- RESuLT Summer Newsletter BOOSTER TRAINING It was wonderful to see those of you who attended the Booster Training in December 2016. The topics of ‘Self Care...
- SCIE findings in relation to NIS programmes have been published The SCIE has published their findings in relation to Models of care and care pathways to support the mental health and wellbeing of looked...
- Call out for applications to the Life Chances Fund January 2017 The Life Chances Fund (LCF) will be open for Expressions of Interest to develop Social Impact Bonds in the themes of early years...
'RESuLT taught me how the brain can unlearn and learn again' - Residential Child Care Worker
The purpose of the training is to enable staff to develop the skills needed to manage their day-to-day work; specifically balancing behaviour management with helping young people develop self-efficacy and the skills they will need in life. The curriculum includes:
- promoting a whole home approach, positive living and learning environment
- enhancing self regulation
- positive behaviour management strategies such as modelling
- management of negative and risky behaviours
- understanding adolescent development and the effects of abuse and neglect on young poeple and the developing brain
- communication and relationship skills