- World Mental Health Day 2018 The theme of this year’s World Mental Health Day is “young people and mental health in a changing world”. Half of...
- NIS Newsletter Find out all of the latest news about NIS programmes! Please click here to view a copy of the newsletter
- World Mental Health Day 2017 Mental health in the workplace is the theme of World Mental Health Day 2017. The overall objective is to raise awareness of mental health...
The course follows a typical training format found to be most helpful in adult learning:
- feedback of the previous week's home practice
- a theoretical section including the topic for the session
- skills demonstration and practice
- homework practice using the techniques with the young people
The training uses a range of learning methods and teams are encouraged to consider scenarios and examples that are current and relevant to their children's home. However details and names of children and young people living in the home are not discussed and the course does not replace individual case consultation.
Learning techniques used include:
- video clips
- practical exercises
- role play - using examples from participant's own experiences